Friday, August 16, 2013

Fit Foods Friday: PB&J cookies

Remember the peanut butter cookies I posted a while back? Check out the recipe HERE if you missed out. If you have not had the chance to try them out yet. YOU MUST!!! I keep them around my house regularly. I actually pop them in the freezer so I can have one small low calorie treat available whenever I get that crazy sweet tooth.

This week I created a new spin off of these cookies simply by adding one more ingredient and one simple step. I turned these cookies into a "thumbprint" style cookie using my favorite jelly and WOW!




PB & J Cookies

1 cup of sunflower seed butter
(any nut butter will work)
1 cup splenda
(any sugar or sugar replacer will work)
1 egg
8 t (approx.) blackberry jelly
(any flavor will work)

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min and immediately remove from oven. Use the back of a 1/4 teaspoon to push small "thumbprint" dents into the center of each cookie. Fill each cookie with a tiny bit of your jelly. Let cool so jelly will harden in the cookies. DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments: