Friday, February 22, 2013

Fit foods Friday: Flax Chicken

Missing fried chicken?? Then this recipe is for you!
Making healthy food choices does NOT mean you have to miss out on the good stuff.
Replace unhealthy breading with ground flax.
Replace frying with baking.




Baked Flax Chicken
2 chicken breasts cut in half
1/2 cup ground golden flax
1 Tablespoon seasonings of choice*

Wash chicken and while still wet dip in flax/seasonings mixture. 
Place chicken breasts on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake on 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

* ideas for seasonings
-dry ranch dressing
-dry italian dressing
-taco seasoning
-cumin and chili powder
-dry mustard and splenda

My friend shared this recipe with me using ranch seasonings and it is great. Since then I have tried all of the above seasoning combinations and they are all amazingly flavorful and so different. Pair it with whatever steamed veggie you are in the mood for and you are set for dinner.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds great! I can't wait to try it. I am thinking I will start with the ranch dressing.

LissaLou said...

Gonna give a try also, I think the cumin/chili powder will be my first. So simple and yet so much healthier! Thank you!!!

Unknown said...

I finally got to make this yesterday. It was fantastic and easy. I used a rosemary seasoning and it really gave it a good flavor.