Friday, January 11, 2013

Fit Foods Friday: Stuffed Peppers

I have learned so many things about my body and the way it works this past year as I have embarked on this healthier lifestyle. I have really tried to change my mindset on food and eating habits.
FOOD = FUEL
For me PROTEIN is so important to my daily fuel. I can really tell a difference in my energy level when I don't make protein a priority.

So today I am going to share with you a great recipe that I absolutely love.  High in protein low in calories and packed with nutrition. This meal is quick and easy to make and is bursting with flavor!


Stuffed Peppers

1 lb. ground meat (chicken or turkey work best)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
4 medium bell peppers  (any color will do)
1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and chiles

Brown your meat on the stove. Add Ro-tel, cumin, and chili powder and let simmer on low. Wash your bell peppers. Cut the tops off and hallow out. Add meat mixture to your raw peppers and sit standing up on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake on 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes depending on pepper size and how soft you like your peppers.

Super easy, right!!
Here is another little secret.... these peppers freeze beautifully. I usually make all 4 and toss two in the freezer to have as  a quick lunch or healthy dinner later in the week.

No comments: