Sunday, January 6, 2013

10 miles

I began running almost a year ago in February of 2012. Currently I am training for my first half marathon which I will be running next month to celebrate a year of running. Today I am feeling such a huge sense of accomplishment. I would have never imagined that my running hobby would have come this far this quick. I never imagined ever being able to run a 5K and when I did that I never imagined being able to run 5 miles. I honestly never thought I would be able to run 10 miles. Double digit mileage??!?!?! But guess what.....
I did it.
I ran 10 miles.
10 MILES!!
Wow it feels good. I cannot believe how proud I feel. I realized after finishing this training run that I have come a long way. The road to get here has not been an easy one at all. I truly realize what amazing things can happen with hard work and discipline. I am confident in my running abilities and know that commitment truly does pay off.

No comments: