Friday, October 4, 2013

Fit Foods Friday: Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Pancakes

Since fall is in the air and October just really reminds me of any and everything pumpkin, I have decided to share some pumpkin recipes this month.

First up is one of my very favorite go to breakfasts. It is a quick and easy way to get breakfast in with a great balance of nutrients to get you through your run.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


Ingredients
2 eggs
1 ripe medium banana
dash of pumpkin pie spice


Directions
1. Mash banana and beat in eggs with a fork. Add your pumpkin pie spice. I have also used my blender for this step but it is not necessary and I prefer a lumpier more dense hot cake so I do this step by hand.
2. Heat griddle over low heat, spray with a non-stick spray or coat with coconut oil, then pour batter onto griddle in small circles like you would make any other type of pancake. Make sure to keep these pancakes a little smaller than normal or they will break when flipping. When the edges start to crisp they are ready to flip.




I love to add almond butter and a little sugar free syrup to these before eating. This recipe will make one serving of about 4 pancakes. You could always top with your favorite fruit or some ground flax as well.


No comments: