Friday, March 29, 2013

Fit Foods Friday: Protein Taco Shells

This is not really a recipe but more of a little trick I learned from Pinterest. I love finding new lower carb recipes and tricks on Pinterest but I always try them out a few times and tweek them a bit to get everything just the way I like. 



So here you have a low carb taco shell.....



All you need is a slice of Provolone cheese and some parchment paper. I tried different variations in the oven and microwave for different times and temperatures and this is what worked for me.

Place your Provolone on a square of parchment paper and then on a microwave safe dish. Microwave for about 90 seconds until you see the cheese turn a golden color and is all bubbly. Remove and fold parchment paper over in half with the cheese still on the inside. Cheese will begin to harden and form a taco shell shape. Peel parchment paper away and you are ready to build you a crunchy delicious taco. That is it!!! Easy, so easy! I added a little ground turkey and I love to replace sour cream with cottage cheese or greek yogurt. 

No comments: