Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Race Junkie



   It was one year ago today that I opened Race Junkie on Etsy and  I was so nervous when my shop went live I can remember my cheeks feeling hot and flushed when I pushed the launch button.

 It is really scary opening a business but I think it is can be just a little more nerve wracking when the product you carry is handmade. In a way it felt like the first day of 4th grade and thoughts like "what if they don't like me" and "what if everyone laughs at me" sounded through my head. For those of you who shopped with Race Junkie in the early days you know I wasn't the very best at photographing my tutus in the beginning.
So when the first 3 days went by without a sale I was a starting to getting nervous and experimenting on making the photos better.

 Luckily on day 3 the first order came in and everyday after that another came. While I was excited to be sending out those tutus and making every one's race that much more special nothing ever gave me more than joy than my first customer appreciation photo. I was overwhelmed to tears and just so excited to be able to see the tutu I had created on a customer and that person smiling ear to ear. I still get so excited when I get an email with pictures or find out someone posted a few on Facebook. I just love being able to share in those moments with you.


   Here we are a year later with over 1,600 sales to date. I honestly had no idea Race Junkie would become what it is today. I am so proud of the all the hard work I have put it in to. I have made sure each tutu is quality and made with love something you can be proud to wear. Recently I was just in awe while I was running a 1/2 marathon and actually saw several of my own tutus on the course! I just thought that is the coolest feeling ever!

   I am also proud to say that no matter how many orders pour in or what has happened in life I have NEVER not had a  tutu arrive to it's destination late. I know that when I am training for a race I spend a lot of time deciding what to wear to that race and it would put a huge wrench in my plans if my race costume never arrived. So no matter what I will continue to always get them delivered in time :)



   This birthday would not be possible without all of you. I appreciate each and everyone one of you so much.
I love hearing your ideas and making your tutus special for each one of you. I appreciate your loyalty more than words could ever say. Which is why I constantly keep trying to add new items and options for you.

  This coming year has so many exciting changes in store for Race Junkie. I can't wait till I can show everyone. I will also be putting together a Race Junkie Ragnar team for next year here in So Cal so please stay tuned for more announcements regarding that.

Thank you again for making this such a special birthday I hope to have many more to come.


Happy Running

~Angelina






No comments: