Friday, March 1, 2013

Fit foods Friday: No Guilt Pancakes

I have seen several different versions of this low carb "pancake" on pinterest lately and I have tried a few out and mot been in love. I have finally perfected the recipe to my loving and I am excited to share it with all of you.

NO GUILT PANCAKES

4 oz fat free cream cheese
4 eggs
2 Tablespoons sweetner ( I use splenda granular)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of sugar free caramel syrup (I use torani or you could just use vanilla)


Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until ingredients are smooth. Let sit in the blender while your pan is warming. You will see bubbles at the top and that is fine and normal, let it sit to expel some of the bubbles. Pour on your pan and cook up just like a pancake. These pancakes are crepe like and fairly thin so make sure each pancake cooks for a good minute before you attempt flipping. This batch will make 12 "pancakes". 



I store mine in a freezer bag with a small piece of wax paper between each so I can grab one or two out in the mornings for a quick protein boost before heading out for a long run. Add some of your favorite natural peanut butter on it, roll it up, and you are ready to go.

You can also omit the cinnamon and caramel syrup and they will take on a more plain taste and you can eat as a quesadilla by melting cheese inside.

So here are the stats per pancake as discovered by using myfitnesspal recipe calculator...


Calories - 59
Carbs- 1 grams
Protein- 3 grams

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another recipe I need to try when I get home from vacation.